AltStore is an alternative app store that allows you to install and self-sign unofficial apps and game emulators.
For more information and installation instructions, follow the download links below.
1 How to install AltStore:
1.1 What you need to know:
1.2 Steps to download AltStore app:
2 How to use AltStore:
3 How to install IPA files using AltStore:
4 Pros and cons of AltStore:
5 Troubleshooting Guide:
6 Frequently asked questions:
How to install AltStore:
What you need to know:
The initial installation of AltStore requires a Windows PC or Mac computer. The store is very easy to download and much safer than installing a jailbreak.
What you need:
- iOS device
- Windows or Mac computer
- USB cable for connecting iPhone or iPad
- If you are using a Windows PC, you need to download iTunes from the official Apple website, not from the Microsoft app store. Use the links below to install the correct version:
iTunes for Windows (64-bit)
iTunes for Windows (32-bit)
Steps to download AltStore app:
- Connect your device to your computer
- Using your computer’s browser, download the app (download link at the top)
- Install the correct AltServer software for your operating system
- On your Mac, open the Toolbox and in the upper right corner click AltServer> Install AltStore and select your device. altstore mac
- On a Windows PC, at the bottom of the screen, on the right, click on the AltServer icon, hover over Install AltStore and select your device. If you encounter any errors at this point, look for a solution in the Troubleshooting section below. Altstore enter your apple id app download
- When AltStore is installed on your device, leave AltServer open on your computer and connect your device. Open AltStore on your device and download any app you want.
- If you want to install an application on an iPhone or iPad, then your device must be connected to the computer and AltStore must be open (this also applies to application updates).
How to use AltStore:
- Open AltStore on your device. If you get the message Unreliable developer, then go to Settings> General> Profile and click Trust on Apple ID.
- Now in the AltStore application, log in with your official Apple ID and password, or if you entered a password for a specific application, use it (it should be the same as that used to install the AltStore application through AltServer).
- To sign in, tap Settings> Account> Sign In. Once you have entered your details, click Login. Install altstore
- Click Browse and then either click on the name of the app to see the content, or click on the FREE button next to it to install it on your device.
- You will see the download progress, and after installation, you can use it like any other application.
How to install IPA files via AltStore:
Download the desired IPA file from the Internet to your iOS device.
Click on the AltStore icon to open the application in AltStore and install it.
If that doesn’t work, click on the icon you see here up-arrow-ios
Run the app with AltStore and install it
Another way is to launch AltStore, then click on the + in the upper left corner and go to the Downloads section – there you should see the IPA file
Click on it and install. You will see all your installed files in applications marked as “Downloaded”.
Pros and cons of using AltStore:
There are some pros and cons of using the AltStore app:
- You don’t need a jailbreak
- It’s free
- Application certificates are not revoked. Since each user creates their own developer certificates, Apple cannot revoke them, as it does with other applications.
- You can only have three active apps at a time
- A computer is required to run the companion AltServer application, to install AltStore on the device, and the need to re-sign the application every seven days.
- To keep the app running smoothly, you must enable Wi-Fi sync in iTunes and update the app every seven days to continue using it.
You may receive three error messages: “Installation failed,” You are not a member of any development team “or” Invalid Apple ID or password “, and” Your development team has reached the maximum number of registered devices. “
Whatever message you receive, open https://appleid.apple.com, click on the option to select a password for a specific app and generate a password. These errors occur because your Apple ID is protected by two-factor authentication.
“Could not find AltServer” error when trying to update applications
This means AltServer is not on your Wi-Fi network. You must use the same network on your computer and iOS device. If you are using the same network, your network firewall might be blocking AltServer. Configure your network for seamless access to AltServer.
Frequently asked Questions:
In conclusion, here are some of the most common questions we receive from our users:
What is AltStore?
It is an alternative iOS app store for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, allowing you to install unofficial apps without the need for jailbreak. However, AltStore is not designed using enterprise certificates like other similar stores, so its certificate cannot be revoked by Apple.
AltStore – jailbreak app?
No, AltStore is NOT a jailbreak. This is an application that signs and installs unofficial applications on your device.
How does AltStore app work?
Riley Testut supports AltStore. He developed it using a feature provided by Apple developers. This feature allows you to test applications before submitting them to the official store. Applications are self-signed on the user’s computer, rather than using corporate certificates that can be easily revoked. However, this limits you to only three applications – AltStore is one of them, so you can install a maximum of two applications with it.
What applications are included in AltStore?
In fact, there are not many applications in AltStore, but replenishment is expected in the near future. These are the most downloaded applications:
- Delta Emulator
- Happy Chick Emulator
- However, using AltStore you can install external IPA files downloaded from the Internet, and your choice, in this case, will be almost unlimited.
Can AltStore be revoked?
No, because it doesn’t use corporate certificates. Basically, each user has their own signing certificate that cannot be revoked – all you have to do is remember to update the app every seven days.
How can I use AltStore without problems?
Make sure AltServer is configured to start automatically every time you turn on and log on to your computer.
If you are using a computer, do not turn it off; leave it asleep with the iOS device connected. This can be done at night when you are not using the device. In this case, your applications will update automatically.
Make sure your AltStore starts at least once every couple of days – then iOS will prioritize app updates by itself.
AltStore is designed in such a way that it will check applications several times a week. By making sure your computer is connected and AltServer is activated, you can keep it running smoothly without any problems.